Wow

Best and Most Meaningful Quotes and Lines From Movie Spotlight


The movie Spotlight won the Oscar for Best Picture, and there are so many great lines to choose from, but in leading the way on the investigation in Boston on the Catholic Church and the Catholic Priests, The gut wrenchers  come from Marty Baron of the Boston Globe
"Sometimes it's easy to forget that we spend most of our time stumbling around the dark. Suddenly, a light gets turned on and there's a fair share of blame to go around. I can't speak to what happened before I arrived, but all of you have done some very good reporting here. Reporting that I believe is going to have an immediate and considerable impact on our readers. For me, this kind of story is why we do this."

"We need to focus on the institution, not the individual priests. Practice and policy; show me the church manipulated the system so that these guys wouldn't have to face charges, show me they put those same priests back into parishes time and time again. Show me this was systemic, that it came from the top, down."

Marty Baron played by Liev Schreiber in Spotlight

No comments: